Easter holiday. No school for our daughter, so we can enjoy her sunny presence all day long. A spring sun brightens up our days after a rainy period. And then, some days ago, I got a message from someone I didn’t know—Mary Collins—that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! As I had no idea what this meant, I was happy to find Jo’s blog where it’s explained very well.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and get other bloggers to link to their website. In a way, it is a friendly, innocent kind of chain letter. Now, I never participate in chain letters, but through Word Press I’ve found so many good writers out there that too few people know. Therefore, I make an exception for this “Award”, simply to cheer on them.
If you accept the Sunshine Blogger Award, you should:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Name ten things about yourself that others might not know.
3. Pass the award on to ten other bloggers (be sure to show the Sunshine Award logo so they can use it too) and let them know you did.
So… here we go!
First of all, thank you Mary! By the way, I really like your blog where you review books that can inspire people.
Then, the ten things about me that others may not know (but I hope you would like to). Some of them important, others totally trivial—in no specific order.
- Since I started writing, about a year ago, the urge to write seems to grow. A day without writing seems a lost day. It’s my prayer that God gives me the ability to write those captivating words that pull people into the place where He can transform their hearts, restore their souls, and illuminate their minds.
- Watching my daughter dance during her hip-hop lessons fills me with joy. Actually, watching my daughter always fills me with joy, no matter what she does.
- I don’t like house cleaning at all; it seems such a waste of time. Thank God, we get people for dinner quite often, which gives me a good reason to clean the house regularly anyway.
- I miss my brother, sister, and their families. They live in the Netherlands, we’re in Italy. I pray that I can go and see them this summer.
- I consider it a privilege to serve God in Italy together with my husband. Over the years, we have become a great little team. It fills me with pride when I see him passionately share God’s word with the Italians.
- I love Italian food! My absolute favorites are spaghetti alle vongole, melanzane alla parmigiana, and Sicilian cannoli.
- Cappuccino–a real Italian one, of course. Can’t start the day without.
- When I read a good book, I get so involved in the story that I’m temporarily absent in the real world—to my husband and daughter’s chagrin.
- In summer, when it is very hot during the day, I get up early to walk the dogs. I would like to stay in bed a lot longer, but stepping into the delicate light of dawn and the still cool air makes up for the lack of sleep every time.
- My hair isn’t really the color you see on the picture. It used to be, but now it’s grey and… I dye it (there, I said it).
My nominees for the Sunshine Award including the following bloggers, in no specific order:
- Wendy Jane at Seasailor https://seasailor.squarespace.com/
- Alisa at European Faith Missions http://europeanfaithmissions.wordpress.com/
- Tyanne at Lamp on a Stand http://lamponastand.com/
- Casey at Create-Relate-Share Jesus http://caseyprince.wordpress.com/
- Wendy Lee at Imperfect Superwoman http://imperfectsuperwoman.wordpress.com/
- Missy at Getting Real and Drawing near http://missybaroff.wordpress.com/
- Connie at Connie Cavanaugh’s Blog http://conniecavanaugh.wordpress.com/
- Debra Denis on Losin’ My Religion http://divadthatsme.com/
- Truth Sower at http://truthsower.wordpress.com/
- Last but certainly not least, Rachel at http://journeymama.com/— I’m reading one of your books right now and I love it…